Check out this impressive and well made documentary about Hong Kongs creative industry. Visit their Kickstarter page and make a pledge to help make this film real. A pledge of only 99£ get you tix to the grand premier at Zaha Hadid´s famous Innovation tower at Hong Kong Polytechnic University the 5th of December. See you there!
13. Nov, 2014 Buy Viagra Online Safe
Hong Kong is seen as a gateway to the lucrative and prosperous Asia-Pacific consumer market. The city has recently seen a rise in start-ups establishing their brands in Hong Kong, as well as Western designers taking up residence to be closer to the nearby Southern manufacturing provinces in China. Here is a list of the city’s most celebrated contemporary product designers, who combine form with function to create design fluidity.
06. Oct, 2014 0 Comments
C’monde Studios is looking to employ a talented Industrial Designer with a good sense of humor. You will be responsible for leading the design effort for consumer electronic projects from early concept through production. The specific tasks include design, consumer research, competitive marketplace analysis, industrial design, refinement, documentation of designs, and working with engineering teams at our manufacturing partners to ensure that design integrity is maintained from concept to production. Finally, Cantonese and Mandarin language skills are valued but not required.
What you bring to the role:
• 3 years of progressive experience as an Industrial Designer. Consumer electronics experience is a plus, but we are inspired by diverse experience as well.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Industrial Design.
• Expert knowledge of relevant software including 3D CAD
• Experience with market research, trend research and analysis, user scenario development, and competitive benchmarking.
• Great sketching, form development and visual communication abilities throughout the design process.
• Ability to mentor and creatively direct younger designers.
• The desire and ability to work on many exciting projects in a creative and multidisciplinary collaborative studio.
Please send CV and Portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
06. Oct, 2014 0 Comments
This year have been extra busy, topping up all fun work and projects, with re-locating our office to a new location. We are now finally getting settled and back to normal pace at Hong Kong’s creative hub PMQ – an exiting building filled with history and thriving with creativity that we are very happy to be part of.
The PMQ project was born in 2009 from an initiative of the Development Bureau to preserve the former Police Married Quarters. The Musketeers Foundation, with the support of Hong Kong Design Centre, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Hong Kong Design Institute of the Vocational Training Council, was assigned the task to transform the site into a premier landmark showcasing the best of Hong Kong’s creative industry.
In the beginning of this year, 2014, we finally moved in. After being carefully reviewed, passing interviews and screenings, here we are: in the middle of the creative and inspiring environment of design offices, pop up stores, happenings and events. PMQ is open for everyone and acts like a event space and houses a range of design studios, cafes and small stores to visit.